Support for Businesses
OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is here to help you, the employer, find, hire, and retain top talent for your company’s team.
- We help employers with their hiring and training needs to stay competitive in today’s environment
- OMJCC has an internal team of business services staff whose primary purpose is to help you find talented job seekers that match your company's needs
We create an individualized recruiting plan that makes sense for your business.
- Pre-employment screenings and testing
- On-site interview events at our office or the employer's location
- Access to skilled U.S. Military Veterans, dislocated workers or unemployed workers
On-the-Job Training Funds (OJT)
Our goal is to help employers find employees that are the right fit, and if that means they need a little MORE training, OMJCC helps with that too.
We have a few forms for you to fill out that your Business Services Representative can provide help with.
We will fund training that leads to gainful employment and meets our occupations in demand criteria. The Department of Labor determines occupations, which fall in this category. Exceptions to those occupations in the in-demand criteria must identify the occupation for which training is to occur, the reason for requesting an exception and documented evidence of employment. Your Business Services Representative can provide application guidance.
Layoff and Dislocation Services
We can help you avoid future layoffs by providing access training programs for your employees. Find skilled, potential employees, and learn more about employment rights and regulations. Events such as mass layoffs and closures are usually communicated through the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act. WARN provides protection to workers, their families and communities by requiring employers provide notification 60 calendar days in advance of covered plant closings and mass layoffs.